Careers at DMJWA
Direct Report: Lead Advisor
Secondary Manager – Partner responsible for Planning Services
If you are interested in a career in Financial Services, we are seeking a highly motivated associate who is able to match our pace, work ethic, and passion. The Planning Associate (PA) plays an essential role in delivering our highly personalized advice and service offering to firm clients. This full time position will serve in a supporting role within the Planning Team of DMJWA as you learn about the firm, our processes, and the financial planning profession.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong analytical ability that can be applied toward creative problem solving
- Be organized with excellent attention to detail
- Have ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Have a can-do attitude and desire to contribute to a positive work environment
- Be an engaging and charismatic communicator - both in-person and in written form
- Love helping people with a passion for excellent service
DMJWA is a firm that will provide:
- Opportunity for career growth
- A full benefit package including health, dental, life, long-term disability and retirement
- Starting salary commensurate with the compensation for this position in the industry - with due respect to experience, skill sets and potential you can bring to our firm
- Support for continuing education
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to Advisor with active involvement in the financial planning process
- Create and maintain financial plans for assigned clients
- Delivering exceptional client care; able to instill a high level of confidence in clients and participate fully in supporting the client experience
- Compiles reports and additional information for advisor review, and contributes to meeting preparation
- Participate in client meetings, take notes, detail action items, and ensure follow up on action items
- Fosters a streamlined client onboarding process to facilitate an effective client-advisor relationship
- Proactively engages in Planning Team projects (internal and external), including the refinement of firm processes and procedures
- Strives toward a thorough understanding of firm services, philosophies, and ideologies
Qualifications, Experience and Additional Requirements:
- Four year college degree in Finance or a related field required.
- Working towards, or have, CFP® certification within three years of hire date.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Experience with financial planning software preferred.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Willingness to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel
- Strong affinity with technology
About DMJ Wealth Advisors, LLC:
As we enter 2019, DMJ Wealth Advisors celebrates our 20th Anniversary serving our clients in an effort to provide very personalized, substantive and thoughtful planning and investment guidance.
We did not begin this journey 20 years ago with the intent of becoming one of the largest independent financial services firms in our market. Instead, we began the firm with a focus on simply taking care of one client at a time. Now, we find our firm has grown to a point where we provide guidance on over $500 Million of client marketable securities. We attribute our 100% organic growth over the years to the trust, confidence and referrals from both our clients and the CPAs at DMJ & Co., PLLC - our sister firm.
We take our mission seriously and are proud to have a cast of experienced team members that are dedicated to providing outstanding service and advice designed to support each clients' personal goals.
If you believe you have the aptitude, attitude and passion to join our team, please submit your application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.